5 Healthy Summer Recipes
These 5 healthy summer recipes mean healthy summer bodies. Use your grill or smoker to add flavor to meats and vegetables for a healthy summer treat.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 2 to 3 pound pork tenderloin
- 2/3 cup of honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Place all ingredients in a large plastic zip-top bag. Shake to coat well and marinate at least four hours (preferably overnight).
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking heat. Grill the pork tenderloin for 20 to 30 minutes until done. An internal thermometer should read 160 degrees F.
- Slice and serve.
- 4 large swordfish filets
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2/3 cup dry sherry wine
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Add all ingredients (except fish) to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool for fifteen minutes. Place the swordfish fillets in a shallow baking dish and pour the mixture over. Marinate for about two hours.
- Place grill on medium-high heat. Grill fish four minutes on each side.
- Serve with grilled vegetables and wine.
- 1 pound large count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 oranges
- 3 limes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Zest and juice the fruit into a food processor bowl. Add garlic, oil and salt and pepper to taste; blend until smooth.
- Place the shrimp in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the shrimp and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Place about three shrimps on a wooden skewer. Grill over medium heat for three minutes per side.
- Repeat for the remaining shrimp. Use the marinade as a dipping sauce when serving the shrimp.
- 2 to 3 large tomatoes
- 1 ball whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 10 to 15 basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes. Arrange on a plate with slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Tear the basil leaves or leave whole. Add the basil to the plate of tomatoes and cheese.
- Drizzle the entire plate with oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Italian Marinated Chicken
- 1 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 bottle Italian salad dressing
- Combine ingredient in a large plastic zip-top bag. Shake to marinate and place in the refrigerator at least two hours (overnight is best).
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken six to seven minutes on each side.
- Serve with rice and broccoli for a healthy summer recipe.