Learn about 5 herbal weight loss remedies to shed excess fat naturally. Herbs can help by stimulating metabolism, increasing blood circulation, and boosting energy levels. Some herbs can promote weight loss through their action as diuretics or laxatives. Find out about these 5 herbal weight loss remedies and see if one is right for you.
- Cayenne and capsaicin. Cayenne is an all around stimulating tonic, increasing blood flow, strengthening the heart, and warming the body. It is known as an herbal weight loss remedy mostly because it contains the phytochemical capsaicin. This compound boosts the metabolism, helping the body burn more calories. Take cayenne powder in capsule form.
- Ginseng is another stimulating herb. Add ginseng extract to your diet to increase energy levels and to become more active. This herbal weight loss remedy also speeds up the metabolism.
- Drink dandelion tea. Dandelion is a safe and gentle weight loss herb. With both diuretic and laxative properties it encourages the release of toxins, accumulated fluids, and waste. Drink one to three cups daily.
- Supplement with kelp. This herb stimulates the thyroid gland, which in turn speeds up the metabolism. Like the other herbal weight loss remedies kelp is also an excellent source of nutrition, which a healthy body needs in order to thrive.
- Soak in a rosemary bath. Take one ounce of fresh rosemary, wrap it in a muslin cloth, and add it to hot bath water along with one cup of epsom salts. This herbal weight loss bath will increase circulation and encourage the release of toxins and the reduction of cellulite.
There are 5 safe and natural herbal weight loss remedies. They can help the body burn calories and shed fat while also increasing energy levels. Use these herbs in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Hoffmann, David. "The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: A Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies." Element Books, 1996.
Page, Linda. "Healthy Healing: A Guide to Self-Healing for Everyone." Eleventh Edition Traditional Wisdom, 2003.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.