5 High Paying Part-Time Jobs
Here are 5 high paying part time jobs out there if you need to earn some extra money. Times are tough and life often demands that you try to earn some extra cash while pursuing education, supporting a family, or even saving money for some of the extras. Thankfully, there are some great jobs out there that have survived the recession and need part-time employees immediately.
- Restaurant servers make great money in tips. Some states (like Texas) only pay about two dollars per hour, however. Other states like California still impose the minimum wage and have tons of part-time openings. Earning minimum wage, plus tips can earn you a great part-time salary.
- Valet attendants also make great money. People tend to tip valet drivers very well. Maybe that’s because they don’t want you to wreck their fancy cars in the future and fortunately, you can make a great part-time income simply parking cars and collecting tips. You do need to have clean driving and criminal background, but this is a great way to earn some extra cash.
- Casino employees can make a small fortune. The opportunities are sometimes scarce, but most casinos do hire part-time employees. If you work hard and fast, you could even deal casino games. These jobs often have great benefits, tips, and salary packages. If you have a gaming casino near you, it’s a great opportunity to look into. Plus, the hours are very flexible because they are open 24 hours a day.
- Bartenders do surprisingly well. Tons of people graduate college and keep their bartending jobs because they earn so much more than they would with their degree. Bartending is a great job if you don’t mind working nights and love making drinks. This part-time job is basically recession proof because no matter what the economy does-people will always need to drink.
- If you love reading, the public library is a great place to find a part-time job. Most libraries offer quite a few part-time jobs that have pretty flexible hours. Library assistants earn about fourteen dollars an hour and even have some benefits. This is a great position for people looking to supplement their full-time income with a laid back job.