5 Highest Paying Medical Jobs
The 5 highest paying medical jobs range from surgeons to OB/GYN’s and requires a high level of specialization. Don’t be fooled by the high salaries of these jobs, many years of hard work and study went into getting these positions and there is a significant amount of risk and responsibility that comes with these positions. Aside from that the salaries are very impressive and even surprising in some cases.
- Surgeons with a specialty. One of the highest paid medical jobs in for that of surgeons. Surgeons who specialize in the right areas and work hard to build a reputation on average get paid around $180,000 per year.
- Anesthesiologists rank second according to Forbes. Although Anesthesiologists don’t actively participate in surgical procedures they may have one of the most important and tense jobs in the medical industry. These professionals have to evaluate and properly administer the correct amount of anesthesia for the desired affect and procedure. Mistakes in this profession can ultimately cost people their lives but no pressure right? Anesthesiologists on average take in around $175,000 per year for their expertise.
- Pediatricians are not there for the amusement of children. Children see the doctor more often than adults so this is one busy field for Pediatricians. They also have to be keen to the special needs of children with a significant amount of tolerance and patience to be successful. Pediatricians on average make over $145,000 per year.
- Dentists, Oral Surgeons and other Dental professionals are not always remembered as being members of the medical professions but these experts not only help us to smile pretty and chew our food they can also bring in over $125,000 per year. Can you say ah?
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists actually make close to what an anesthesiologist makes per year. Although their jobs may not be as intense as an anesthesiologist the importance of their specialty should not be overlooked. OB/GYN’s help women with everything from insuring their monthly periods are okay to helping deliver new born babies healthy and safely.
The health care fields have exploded in the past 10 years with growth and increasing specialization. It may be tempting to consider medical school after looking at the 5 highest paying medical jobs however; these positions can be very stressful and require a significant amount of responsibility from their practitioners.