Incorporating these 5 holiday punch recipes with alcohol into this year’s festivities will certainly make the time spent with friends and family go down much smoother, so to speak. These punches are sweet, sugary, and have enough alcohol to warm you up on even the coldest holiday nights.
Hard Hot Apple Cider
- 5 cups of apple juice
- 2 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 ounces of spiced rum
- Mix all the non alcoholic ingredients in a pot. Bring them to a boil on the stove.
- When the bubbling starts, bring the heat down to a simmer. Once the mixture has stopped boiling, add in the rum. The resulting hard cider’s warmth and hint of cinnamon really brings out the holiday spirit.
- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- A funnel
- 2/3 cup of of sugar
- 5 crushed cloves
- 5 crushed peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Start by pouring about a half cup of wine out of the bottle. This will leave room for you to add all the extra ingredients.
- Use a funnel to add the sugar, crushed cloves, and crushed peppercorns. Put them directly in the bottle, and finish off the mixture with the cinnamon stick.
- Re-cap the bottle, and shake it thoroughly. After shaking it well, pop it in the fridge overnight. The next day you’ll have a sweet, semi-spicy punch ready to drink.
Hot Cranberry Wassail
- Two and a half quarts of cranberry juice
- One quart of grape juice
- Two cups of water
- A half cup of sugar.
- A half cup of spiced rum
- A half cup of orange liqueur
- Mix the juices, water, and sugar together in a pan. Place the pan on the stove, and bring it to a boil.
- Bring down the heat when the boiling starts. At this point, add in the rum and orange liqueur.
- Let the punch sit for a few minutes. As soon as it’s cool enough to drink, enjoy!
- 2 cups of orange sherbet ice cream
- 4 and a half cups of orange juice
- One and a half liters of ginger ale
- One bottle of champagne
- Put the ice cream in a punch bowl. The scoop shape doesn’t really matter, as the rest of the punch will melt the ice cream.
- Pour the orange juice over it first. Follow it with the ginger ale, and finally add the champagne. This punch is perfect for the extra bottles of champagne lying around after a New Year’s party.
Chocolate Holiday Punch
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup of milk
- A shot of Kahlua
- A shot of Irish Crème liqueur
- Whipped cream
- To make a single serving, start by putting the ice cubes in a cup. Pour in the quarter cup of milk
- Add the shots of Irish Crème and Kahlua. This will give the punch some real punch, for lack of a better word.
- Garnish the drink with a bit of whipped cream. The drink is powerful and sweet, perfect for cold holiday nights.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.