Acne is a common condition affecting a large percentage of the population, often causing feelings of embarrassment, so below are 5 home remedies for acne. These items are easy to obtain and many times can make a trip to the doctor unnecessary.
- Water. Drinking more water can help prevent dehydration and keep acne from recurring. Water helps to remove toxins from the body. As such, less breakouts are often reported once water intake has been increased.
- Apple cider vinegar. Create a homemade astringent by mixing two tablespoons apple cider vinegar with eight ounces of water. Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture to the affected areas several times per day. This will help to dry out any inflammation as well as reducing the risks of infection. If too much dryness occurs, follow with a mild moisturizing cream.
- Garlic. Eating garlic on a regular basis can help to clear up acne and keep it from returning. Garlic naturally cleans the blood of toxins, including those known for causing acne breakouts. Garlic pills are readily available at most drug stores as well. Increased body odor is sometimes reported when using this method.
- Cucumber. Using cucumber for skin conditions such as acne is a very popular practice. Simply apply cucumber slices to the skin for about half an hour each day.
- Sunlight. The UV rays in sulight are known to kill bacteria and stimulate circulation. It is recommended for a variety of skin conditions, including acne. Be sure to use plenty of sunscreen when employing this method.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.