We are going to look at 5 home remedies for chest pain. First, let us define chest pain and how it occurs. Chest pain is defined as the discomfort that occurs between the upper abdomen and neck. Chest pain could be a symptom of a muscle spasm, lung disease, stomach ulcer, bladder diseases, anxiety and heart disorders. Here are some home remedies for chest pain.
- Garlic Garlic has traditionally been used by Chinese, Indians, Egyptians, Greeks and Romans as a medication for several illnesses. Garlic contains vitamins and minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and vitamin C. Traces of iodine, sulfur and chlorine can also be found in garlic. Garlic is effective in treating chest diseases such as tuberculosis and arteriosclerosis. Garlic is usually added with milk and poses the power to reduce the spasm of the small arteries, which eases pressure. It also slows the pulse and alters the heart’s rhythm. It also provides relief from symptoms like dizziness, shortness of breath and gas formation. Garlic can also help prevent heart attacks by breaking up cholesterol within blood vessels. Thus, garlic is one of the many effective home remedies for chest pain.
- Basil Within the list of home remedies for chest pain, basil is considered yet another effective one. Basil not only enhances the taste of your favorite dish, but also provides many health benefits. It works like medications such as aspirin to block cyclooxygenase and provide an anti-inflammatory effect. They also provide a great amount of vitamin A. This prevents the oxidation of cholesterol in the blood stream and the buildup of cholesterol in the vessels. Magnesium found in basil enhances blood flow by aiding the heart and blood vessels to relax.
- Alfalfa Juice extracted from alfalfa makes a good home remedy for chest pain as it contains significant amounts of chlorophyll that would help manage many lung related diseases. They also help soften arteries and reduce the chances of cardiac chest pain.
- Hibiscus tea Hibiscus tea is a traditional tea that is rich in vitamin C and minerals. It helps control cholesterol and decreases the risk of heart diseases. It also lowers hypertension and prevents other chest problems and cold. The antioxidants found in this tea help decrease the amounts of fat that accumulates in the arteries, reducing the risk of heart diseases and chest pain.
- Meditation Meditation is a one of the greatest home remedies for chest pain as it helps enhance the health of the entire body by increasing our general blood flow. This helps slows our heart rate and reduces chest pains. It also allows you to relax deeply. It is great for those with high blood pressure by helping them manage their blood pressure and alleviate chest pain. It reduces the level of blood lactate and reduces the occurrence of anxiety attacks. Meditation is regarded as a great home remedy for chest pain as it allows you to relax your mind, a powerful tool that determines our living style. It helps manage our stress level and thus reduces chest pains that result from stress and heart related disorders. It also reduces the chest pain that occurs from infections as meditation is also known to improve our overall immune system.
There are many home remedies such as these five home remedies for chest pain that everyone could include in their daily lives. These remedies can help them prevent and manage chest pain. However, you must remember that when chest pain occurs, it is important to neither panic nor take it too lightly. In some cases, slight chest pain could merely be a result of gas formation or something minor. It is important to remember that chest pain does not at all times indicate a heart attack. Thus it is important to not panic. It is just as important to get quick medical attention if you suspect a bigger problem.
Bakhru, H.K. (2004). Herbs That Heal-Natural Remedies For Good Health. Orients Paperbacks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.