Just about everyone experiences constipation at some time or another. Unless there is some sort of severe heath issue, it is possible to relieve the constipation by using what you already have around the house. Going with home remedies for constipation means that you don’t have to make use of harsh laxatives and other means that can cause stomach cramping or other unpleasant side effects. Here are five home remedies for constipation that have helped untold legions of people over the years. One of them may be just what you need..
- Squeeze a lemon. There are two home remedies for constipation involving lemons that seem to have stood the test of time. One is to cut a lemon in half, allow the halves to set overnight, then squeeze the juice from the pulp and drink it first thing in the morning. An alternative is to add freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of warm water. Toss in a little rock salt for some additional flavor. According to folklore, the bloated feeling should begin to subside in a few hours, and within a day or two normal bowel movements should be restored.
- Have some tea. Ginger tea is one of the most time-honored of all home remedies for constipation. A strong tea made with ginger root can go a long way toward helping restore order to your confused system. The nutrient content of the ginger includes plenty of B vitamins as well as other nutrients that are needed to promote an end to constipation and keep you regular. Drink the tea shortly before bedtime. In order to minimize the cramping that some experience with ginger tea, add a little aloe vera juice before drinking.
- Get out the juicer. An easy home remedy for constipation involves juicing fresh carrots and spinach, yielding enough of each liquid to fill a standard tea glass. Like the ginger tea, drink the spinach and carrot juice just before bedtime. The nutrients will help balance your distressed system and promote regular bowel function the next morning.
- Try some almond oil. Put a couple teaspoons in some warm milk and drink it down an hour or so before bedtime. The combination will help calm the cramping while gently preparing your system to get rid of the stored up waste product. You should experience a normal bowel movement soon after rising the following morning.
- Get an enema. While not the most pleasant means of alleviating constipation, this method may be worth trying if other strategies have failed. Fill an enema bag with warm, but not hot, water, then follow the instructions that come with the bag. Consider using some sort of lubrication to help minimize the irritation caused by the insertion of the tube into anus. Do not attempt to hold the water in for long periods of time. As soon as you feel the urge to void, settle on the toilet and do so.
Tips and Warnings:
Occasional constipation is one thing. If you have a problem with chronic constipation, your best bet is to see a doctor immediately. This is because the problem may be a symptom of a much more serious health issue. If that is the case, treating the root cause will alleviate the constipation, and allow you to get on with living.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!