5 Home Remedies For Erectile Dysfunction
Here are five home remedies for erectile dysfunction that you can try to eliminate your erectile dysfunction. These remedies involve adapting lifestyle changes and employing relaxation techniques. Some men reported improvement after adopting these minor changes.
- Explore natural relaxation techniques to eliminate your erectile dysfunction condition, and address the issues that are causing your stressful condition. If your erectile dysfunction occurs due to emotional or stressful issues, practice yoga or mediation to relieve some of the stress. Add physical treatments such as deep tissue massages. Massage helps release stress and will help your erectile dysfunction as well.
- Stop smoking if you are a smoker. Smoking creates poor circulation and narrows the blood vessel. When the blood vessels are narrow, blood flow to the penis becomes difficult, and unrestricted blood flow is important to maintain an erection.
- Stop drinking alcohol or limit your intake of alcohol if you want to stop impotency. Drinking alcohol dilates your blood vessels making them larger. This keeps the blood vessels open and able to move blood from the penile area. Thus, without the blood in the penile area, the penis loses its erection. The effect alcohol has on men varies. Therefore, if you have problems with erectile dysfunction, it probably is better to avoid drinking alcohol prior to sex.
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Being overweight contributes to erectile dysfunction, because it lowers testosterone levels. Testosterone is a sex hormone found in men, and it is vital for libido as well as sex. Additionally, overweight people are also susceptible to diseases such as hypertension and heart disease, which sometimes create erectile dysfunction. When someone has hypertension or heart disease, the blood supply to the penis diminishes and causes erectile dysfunction.
- Start an exercise program. Exercising regularly will help combat some of the underlying problems that contribute to your erectile dysfunction by reducing stress and reducing weight.
If you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, and you have made lifestyle changes, but you are still having the same problem, contact your medical provider to rule out other medical problems.