What are 5 home remedies for healthy hair? Learn about simple, effective hair treatments which can improve the quality of your locks. After as little as a week of enhancing your hair with these home remedies, you can expect shinier, healthier hair.
- Sage and vinegar rinse. First, make a cup of sage tea by steeping two teaspoons of the dried herb in one cup of boiled water for ten minutes. Sage promotes new hair growth. Mix with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Vinegar will help improve hair follicles and remove build-up. Use this as a rinse when you wash your hair. You can use this home remedy for healthy hair every day, or once a week. The more chemical products you use the more you will benefit from this treatment.
- Try a lavender hot oil treatment. Warm one ounce of olive oil by putting it in a plastic bag and setting it in a bowl of hot water for ten minutes. Olive oil will add essential fatty acids and valuable nutrients to the hair such as vitamin E. Add five drops of lavender essential oil. Lavender destroys bacteria while also calming and soothing the scalp. Apply to hair and wrap your head with a towel. Leave in for fifteen minutes before rinsing. This is a wonderful home treatment for healthy hair that can be done once a week. It is ideal when an unhealthy scalp is a problem.
- An avocado and honey hair mask. Of the five home remedies for healthy hair, this one can be messy. Mash together one ripe avocado and three tablespoons of honey. Evenly distribute throughout your hair. As with the hot oil treatment, wrap your head with a towel. Leave in for about thirty minutes before washing out.
- Nourish with yogurt and egg. Another beneficial mask for healthy hair combines yogurt with a whipped egg. Use one-half cup of plain yogurt and stir in one raw egg. Apply to hair and leave in for thirty minutes. Wash well.
- Rosemary oil massage. Try this home remedy to promote healthy hair growth. Add three drops of rosemary essential oil to two tablespoons of jojoba oil. Massage into the scalp for five minutes. This will nourish hair follicles and stimulate circulation. This can be done daily if desired.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?