5 Horse Betting Systems
Learning about the best 5 horse betting systems can be a great way to learn how to make a little extra money on the side by betting on horses. Many people that place bets on horses do so relatively blindly, without taking any betting system into consideration, but this results in their bets being wasted on statistically poor horses that have just had a good few runs. To avoid this, it is a good idea to pick one of these systems to bet with.
- The last race layoff system. In this betting system, you look at the horse’s stats during the last race. If he showed standard speed during the race, but slowed towards the end of the race, this means that he is at the end of his running cycle and is pretty much spent for longevity speed. If this is the case, simply do not bet on him. Instead, bet on a horse that had consistent or increasing speed.
- The Z-pattern system. In this system, you look at the horse's past performances and make sure that he improved during the end of his last few races. If he sped up towards the end of the race, it is more likely that he is fully hitting his stride. However, make sure he did not run fast just in comparison to tiring rivals.
- The raw speed system. In this system, you look at the raw speed of the horse during its past few races. If the horse had a race recently where he paced all other opponents and kept the lead the whole race, do not bet on him. This means that he hit his peak early and will usually only decrease from this point on.
- The track angle system. This system is based on how the horse is trained to run. Usually, a horse will be trained to run on a specific type of surface, such as dirt or turf. If the horse is running on dirt, it is harder to control him, especially if he was trained on turf. Do a little research to find out what the horse’s specialty is.
- The odds tracking system. Though the odds of a horse winning are not always perfectly accurate, they are worth paying attention to. If you want to play it safe for a small take, then bet with the odds. You may only make a little money, but you are more assured that you will not lose. This is the most lucrative horse betting system over time, but it takes patience to keep with it.
Keeping an eye on statistics and odds is really the most beneficial thing that you can do when placing bets on a horse. Don’t get too ambitious, because that is the way you lose money. Keep to a system and you can make a killing.