5 Horsetail Supplements Benefits
As more people begin using herbs to treat their medical issues and lower their pharmacy bills, doctors have begun researching different natural therapies, one of which include horsetail supplements benefits. Horsetail is an herb that contains high amounts of silicic acid and other silicates. Horsetail supplements can be utilized for the following conditions:
- Diabetes Some studies have shown that horsetail supplements lower blood glucose levels and helps in the restoration of pancreatic beta-cells in laboratory animals. It also helps regulate the pancreas, which is where insulin is produced.
- Osteoporosis Horsetail supplements are starting to show promise of being useful in the management of osteoporosis. This supplement may also help promote the healing of bones and muscles.
- Urinary Health Because horsetail supplements are basically a diuretic, it works well as a cure for UTI and kidney stones and the retention of water. Horsetail can also be used to manage enlargement of the prostate gland in patients without prostate cancer.
- Cognitive Function A study of horsetail supplements conducted on rats is showing promise in reversing cognitive impairment due to age. It is showing promising results for those with Alzheimer's.
- Anti-Convulsive Studies have discovered that horsetail supplements may help those that suffer from seizures. It appears that the supplement can reduce the amount of seizures a person has and possibly reduce the chances of a seizure related death.
As more people begin to use horsetail supplements, the benefits of horsetail should become more apparent. There is the possibility of finding further uses for horsetail. As with any herbal supplement, horsetail supplements should only be used in amounts typically recommended for medicinal purposes. You should always consult with a health care professional first before taking any natural supplement, especially if you are pregnant, nursing or taking prescription medications.