Get out your bouzoukis and strum along with 5 hot female Greek singers from the past 50 years. These women exemplify the grace, talent and beauty of their country.
- Nana Mouskouri. The elder figure among the hot female Greek singers, with more than 300 gold and platinum records, Mouskouri is one of the best-selling female artists of all time, Greek or otherwise. Fluent in English, French, German, Greek, Italian and Spanish, these days she concentrates most of her attention on her role as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. Wearing her trademark black-rimmed glasses, she has performed in the world's most prestigious concert halls, among them the Royal Albert Hall in London and Carnegie Hall in New York.
- Despina Olympiou. Not simply a favorite singer in Greece, Despina is, like most of the other hot female Greek singers, really hot. A Cyprus girl, Despina studied music in London. She began singing professionally in 1992, releasing her first album in 2000, and has begun touring extensively.
- Eirini Merkouri. Peace, that's what this Cyprus singer's first name translates to. Though her voice is good, a lot of this young lady's appeal boils down to sex appeal, something she has a great deal of. And nobody's knocking that.
- Peggy Zina. Having recorded 12 albums since 1995, Peggy is one of the most popular celebrities in Greece, revered both for her vocal and acting talents. In 2002, she gained the honor of representing Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest. She sings not only pop but also the Greek folk music form, laika. That would explain why this entry on the list of five hot female Greek singers has won the Arion Award for Best Folk Singer of the Year more than once.
- Anna Vissi. There must be something in the water in Cyprus to produce so many hot female Greek singers. Vissi easily gained a spot on the list of hot female Greek singers with her striking looks and vocals. Born in 1957, she went on to be not only a singer but also a songwriter and actress. From 1995 to 2009, having sold over 9.5 million records worldwide, Vissi received 30 platinum certifications and became the country's best-selling currently active female artist. She also reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play Chart with "Call Me."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.