5 Hot Indian Supermodels
Beautiful women are found all over the world and these five hot Indian supermodels give us a delightful glimpse into another world.
- Tapur Chatterjee. A granddaughter of veteran filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Chatterjee is one of the very lovely Chatterjee twins. Born on April 24, 1980, Tapur is the “little sister” as she is a whole 12 minutes older. Both twins have graced ads for Park Avenue, Titan Raga Watches and Lakme as well the covers of such well known publications as "Elle" and "Cosmopolitan." Although celebrated in the modeling world she calls modeling a hobby and is a commercial artist. The twins are completely different in personality but they are as close in everything. They even do most of their modeling together and often when you see one you see the other.
- Tupur Chatterjee, ”The Twins “Big Sister” One ½ of the famous Chaterjee twins born April 24, 1980 she is the “big” sister by about 12 minutes. Tupur Chatterjee is currently studying genetics at college. The girls are very close and both vie modeling as fun but not really their life’s work. When asked for advice for young models she says to love yourself. The ladies unusual name comes from a poem by Rabindranath Tagore. The line from the poem is, “Brishti Porey Tapur-Tupur.” The direct translation is; “Pitter-Patter falls the rain.”
- Deepika Padukone. Deepika Padukone is not only the daughter of famous badminton player Prakash Padukone she is also one of the top models in India. Born January 5, 1986 Deepika is well known for her role in Bollywood’s Om Shanti Om. This beautiful lady is known for athleticism as she was a state badminton star in school and has kept in shape we see.
- Aditi Govitrikar. Crowned Miss World in 2001, Aditi is not just another pretty face. This young lady is a doctor as well as the new “face” of Coke. Aditi hit the fashion scene several years ago and while juggling the struggles of being a medical student won the Miss World contest. She has been voted as “Best Face” and “Best Body” in the Asian Supermodel Contest held in Singapore in 1997. Today she is well known for ads for Ponds, Rexona and Clinic All Clear, Margo soaps, BPL washing machines, Dubar Vatika, as well as many others. She is also well known for several music videos and is now getting into the world of film.
- Ujjwala Raut. Ujjwala was born June 11, 1978 and took the modeling world by storm when she won Femina Look of the Year in 1996 at a mere 17 years old. This gorgeous Indian beauty swears she will never grace the silver screen of the movies like so many of India’s models. She has been a model for Paco Rabanne, Angelo Tarazzi, Clauge Montana, Chanel and Veronique Leroy. Currently based in Paris, Ujjwala would like to move to Tokyo or New York soon to be where things are really happening in fashion.
Posted on: Nov. 21, 2010