Here are 5 ideas for dressing a bay window. Bay windows are becoming more and more popular in homes due to their open design. There are plenty of ways to dress a bay window and make it uniquely yours.
- Heavy Curtains Thick heavy curtains add a tradition and elegant look to a room. They also have the added bonus of being able to completely block out light if you need a mid afternoon nap. Rich fabrics in every color are imaginable for heavy curtains, used many to block light and add a luxury feel to a room.
- Light Curtains Light curtains may not block out light but they can add an ethereal feel to a room with ease. Sheer fabrics such as voile are often used as light curtains meant to bock just enough to give you some privacy. If plain white or other colored curtains aren’t what you want you can find many with different embroidery designs you can find or have made for a decent price any design imaginable. Or of course, you can make your own.
- Frame If you have a set of huge bay windows or any window really and you get a beautiful oak frame, or whatever wood you prefer it can really stand out against a white wall. Any dark frame will jump out on a light colored wall and vice versa. There are hundreds of different kinds of frames and even more designs; it’s almost guaranteed that you will find something you like. You can also find iron and other metal frames as well.
- Stencils You can dress up a window with out touching it by painting designs on the wall around it. You can stencil graphic or swirling designs—whatever you want around the corners to draw attention to it. If you don’t want something hanging or sticking out stencils are excellent options.
- Clean the Windows Having clean windows goes a long way to making them look good. It only takes a few minutes and you can make them shine. Not only does this let in more light it attracts attention and allows for a better view. Clean windows also make you look better as people realize you do actually clean.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …