5 Indoor Swimming Pool Design Ideas
Are you considering building an indoor pool and want to narrow your options down to 5 indoor swimming pool design ideas? An indoor swimming pool is very convenient and functional all year round, regardless of the weather conditions outside. The popularity of the best indoor swimming pool design has increased, as wealthy homeowners want to maximize the space inside their home. There are also many building owners looking into indoor pool designs for recreation, No matter your need for an indoor pool, here are 5 indoor swimming pool design ideas to help your get started.
- Above Ground Indoor Pool- If digging inside the home structure or building is not allow, and above ground indoor pool is a great solution. Not only is it more affordable than most other indoor pools, but the homeowners can easily assemble it. For the most part and above ground pool has a vinyl interior combined with a metal support system, and this helps to hold the shape of the pool. This pool is portable and can be moved, but some homeowners like to add a deck or base around it to make it appear like it is a permanent indoor pool.
- Lap Pool- Some indoor lap pool design ideas are made wide and long enough to allow a person to do laps in it. An indoor lap pool is special designed to take up far less space than a regular large pool. Because of the long, thin rectangular make of lap pools they can be build in smaller rooms such as a bedroom. For a clean appearance for a lap pool, pale blue tiles should cover the pool floor, walls, and rim.
- Kidney Pool- A kidney shaped pool has a natural silhouette and gentle lines that works perfectly with earthy styles. A kidney pool works well in a large room, and because of its soft shape it can help turn any room into a relaxing retreat, with and added garden theme. To give a kidney pool a retreat feel it should be made with smooth, pebble-patterned tiles along the walls, floors, and trim. Adding a deck will help to give the area a natural appearance. Potted plants sitting around the room and hanging from the walls will be great added natural leafy accents to the pool design idea.
- Vanishing Edge Pool- This pool is built with the walls of the indoor pool having a backdrop resembling the horizon where the edge of the pool will end. This pool is a pool design idea this gives the effect of an infinity pool, where it looks as though it extends out into the horizon. A vanishing edge indoor pool can be decorated to go with a selected theme such as Asian, or European. To add to your theme look in the pool area just add furniture that goes along with the theme. To make it even more exotic some homeowners install plants, waterfalls, and slides to help give the feel of an outdoor pool.
- Play Pool- This pool is a shallow indoor pool that is used mainly for playing and dipping. To make it a little more interesting there can be and adult and kiddy pool installed side by side. The play pool is mainly for fun and play; with just enough water in it to enjoy being in a pool, but not to really enough water to enjoy the full benefits of swimming.