If you're looking to install a swimming pool in your house, use these 5 indoor swimming pool design tips. A pool of warm water within an enclosure is what creates the unique atmosphere. Such a creative union promotes both humidity and condensation. While these two elements simulate a tropical climate for an indoor swimming pool, the facility and its users become considerations. For optimal enjoyment, maintenance and comfort must contribute towards design. Structurally, design will need to combine the formation of what encloses a pool with functional inclusions. Designs for indoor swimming pools should allow for fixtures that will maintain the facility’s features, as well as to provide pleasant conditions.
To design an indoor swimming pool, apply the following five tips:
- Infuse elements of light into the design for an indoor swimming pool. Decoratively, the strategic placements of light—direct, as well as indirect—can add accents, while creating a mood of relaxation. As electricity is an obvious power source for such lighting, elements of natural and solar can apply. Fixtures, window variations, and skylights provide various options in design to adequately light an indoor area that encloses a swimming pool.
- Incorporate ventilation within an indoor swimming pool design. To alleviate the humid condition and moisture that can occur within the pool’s enclosure, factor in ventilation. Skylights and windows that open, ceiling vents with or without fans, and glass sliding doors can all sufficiently ventilate such an area. Through choices in fixtures that each possess a design to allow air circulation, the quality of indoor air is manageable.
- Instill durability into a design for all interior ceiling and wall surfaces of the indoor swimming pool. Interior structural surfaces of a pool enclosure, to include walls, windowsills, metal or wooden doors, doorjambs, molding, thresholds, and ceilings, are exposed to considerable humidity and moisture. In order to combat the destructive effects of such elements, the relevant surfaces need to be durable. Application treatments that will withstand a continually humid and moist environment include enamel or high gloss paint, and water sealant coatings that are clear. Material textures that are of acrylic, ceramic, glass, and anodized metal compositions offer permanent options in durability amid an atmosphere that is constantly damp, as well as it is warm.
- Include options in drainage design for an indoor swimming pool boundary floor surface. As the drying effects of direct sunlight and open air do not inhabit enclosures for swimming pools, its bordering floor area needs alternatives to evaporation. Without any feasible alternative to alleviate the splashes, drips, and occasional overflow of pool water, puddles and standing water can collect upon those areas that border swimming pools. For safety against slippage and relief of unwanted areas of pooling water, an allowance for drainage is the solution. Drainage for the areas that surround a swimming pool within an enclosure are available in many designs. Natural drainage flow can be gentle slopes in a concrete floor that allows water to flow towards and into a border planting bed, gutter, or series of low surface drains. Wooden floors can benefit through the periodic drilling of miniscule holes that function as drain ports to relieve any excess water collection. From the drain ports, water seeps into the ground that stands beneath a board-type floor. Surfaces that bear artificial turf rely on designs for natural drainage flow. The use of deck brooms and squeegees aid to guide excess water accumulations into any drain system.
- Input moisture retardant material into any choice of indoor swimming pool area furniture designs. As with patio furniture that must withstand weather’s moister elements, the same circumstances prevail upon furnishings within the boundaries of an indoor pool. While furniture selection is a decorative taste matter, the construction and fabric of any piece for use within an indoor pool enclosure must be water resistant. Should a choice in furnishing not possess resistance to moisture, an application of a water resistant treatment upon the composition or material can suffice.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …