5 iPod Touch Tricks & Tips
Looking for 5 iPod Touch tricks and tips? The iPod Touch is a fantastic MP3 player that also allows you to browse the web, play video games, and watch movies. Apple has designed the iPod Touch so that it is easy to use, but the tips and tricks listed below will help you navigate your iPod Touch even faster and take full advantage of its features.
- Home Screen. The home screen is the heart of your iPod Touch. Below the touchscreen, there is a small round button. This is the home button. All you have to do is press the home button and you will be sent to the home screen of your iPod Touch, which will allow you to view all of the applications that come preloaded on your iPod Touch. These applications include the Apple Safari web browser and YouTube.
- Volume. Apple has made it very easy to change the volume settings of your iPod Touch. While you can change the volume settings by using the touchscreen, there is no need to do that. On the left, top side of your iPod Touch, there is an up and down button that can be used to increase and decrease the volume.
- Nike. The iPod Touch is compatible with the Nike + iPod kit. All you need is a pair of Nike shoes that have a transmitter installed in the heel. To activate your iPod Touch so that it connects with the Nike transmitter, just go into your settings and locate the Nike settings. When you do not want to connect with the Nike transmitter, be sure to turn the settings off in your iPod Touch to preserve battery life.
- Multiple Screens. If you use a lot of applications, you should take full advantage of the multiple home screens feature. The iPod Touch allows you to create up to 9 home screens. To access all of your home screens, all you have to do is tap the white dots that are located above the main application bar. You can customize each home screen so that it contains icons for your favorite applications.
- Customization. If you do not use some of the icons that are located on the navigation bar of your iPod Touch, you can remove them and replace them with a application or feature that you use more often. To do this, just tap the icon that you wish to replace. Once that application has loaded, tab the More button and then tap the Edit button. The Edit button is located in the bottom left corner. Your iPod Touch will display any icons that you can replace the icon you wish to remove with.