Need to know five kinds of jeans to wear with a sport coat? Dressing up a pair of jeans with a sport coat can be a great look. The contrast of casual and formal is easy to pull off, especially for those who are not used to dressing up. Many styles can easily be paired with a sport coat, but the different styles of jeans will give a different looks. Below are five kinds of jeans to wear with a sport coat and what kind of look it will result in.
- Straight leg. A pair of dark wash straight leg jeans can be worn with a navy sport coat for a casual yet still businesslike look. Wear these with a white oxford and a pair of casual dress shoes to complete the look. This is perfect of you have days when jeans can be worn to work, but you still want to look professional.
- Slightly faded five pocket. Your favorite pair of jeans that have that broken in look and feel can still be worn with a sport coat. This is a more casual look, so it should be worn with a T-shirt and maybe a wool sport coat. This is a good look for a casual date, or a night out with the guys.
- Boot cut. If you like the western look, a classic wash boot cut jean looks great when worn with a western style sport coat and a pair of cowboy boots.
- Skinny jeans. Skinny jeans are not easy to wear and you need to have the right body type to pull them off. But if you are going for a look that is more punk wearing them with a casual sport coat can work.
- Classic. The classic cut jeans work in any wash, as long as it is not too light. Darker is usually better, along with a closer fit. Baggy jeans will not look right, so stick with the classic styles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.