5 Kwanzaa Dessert Recipes
So, you're looking for 5 Kwanzaa dessert recipes? You want a Kwanzaa dessert that's tasty and healthy as well. Well, here are five Kwanzaa dessert recipes that rock. Check them out.
- 1 medium papaya (diced)
- 1 medium avocado (diced)
- 3/4 cup diced jicama
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- Prep. The first step to creating this Kwanzaa dessert is to find a really big bowl. You can find these in kitchens. Just look around.
- Tossing. Throw all the ingredients in the bowl, toss them. It's simple. Serve the salad.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 1/2 pounds of sweet potatoes (skinned)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons frozen orange juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Sweet potatoes. Get this Kwanzaa dessert started by placing the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover them with water. Let them boil for ten to fifteen minutes. Mash the potatoes.
- Prepping the oven. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Get a cooking pan ready with some cooking spray. Coat it liberally.
- Mixing. Whisk the eggs, oil and honey in a bowl. Add the mashed potatoes. Spread the mix into the baking pan.
- Making the topping. Mix the flour, brown sugar, orange juice, oil and butter in a small bowl. Stir until the mixture is crumbly. Now add the pecans. Put the mixture on the casserole and heat in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
Bananas in Brown Sugar-Rum Sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- low fat yogurt
- Making the rum sauce. Mix the brown sugar, butter, canola oil in a skillet. Heat until they start bubbling. Add the rum until the mixture thickens. Add the bananas.
- Serve. After the bananas soften, add the mixture to a bowl. Slop the low-fat yogurt. Enjoy.
Pineapple with Mango Coulis
- 1 mango (diced)
- Pineapple chunks
- 1.5 tablespoons of dark rum
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Prep. Puree the mango with the rum. Let it soak for about twenty minutes.
- Finishing your spread. Make sure to puree the mango with the lime juice and zest as well. Add sugar. Spread over the pineapple.
Tropical Fruits with Pistachios & Coconut
- 16 slices of pineapple, papaya, mango
- 4 teaspoons "coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Prep. To prep this tasty Kwanzaa dessert, place the fruit on a platter and add the coconut milk.
- Sprinkle the pistachios. This Kwanzaa dessert is simple and good.