5 Labor Day Desserts
End your summer season with a bang with these 5 Labor Day desserts. Celebrated on the first Monday of September, Labor Day marks the official end of summer and BBQ season. Since Labor Day may be your last BBQ event of the summer, you want a Labor Day dessert that will wow your guests and end the season on a high note. Like with a good BBQ a good Labor Day dessert is something that is simple, sweet and a delight for the senses.
- Strawberry Angel Food Dessert. This Labor Day dessert is a different spin on the classic strawberry shortcake. It's angel food cake layered with sweetened cream cheese, strawberries, strawberry glaze and whipped cream.
- Frosty Orange Creme Layered Dessert. A blend of orange sorbet, sweetened cream cheese and orange juice makes a Labor Day dessert that will end your summer with a bang.
- Easy Ice Cream Sandwiches. These little guys make the perfect Labor Day dessert because they are easy to make and indulge the little kid in all of us. Put your favorite ice cream in between two slices of chocolate cake and let the good times roll.
- Classic Cherries Jubilee. This is a Labor Day dessert that everyone can get behind. Warm cooked cherries over ice cream is a Labor Day dessert that screams summer.
- Berry Squares. This Labor Day dessert is delicious and will hold up well in the end of summer heat. Sandwich your favorite berries over a generous helping of pound cake and top with whipped cream for the ultimate Labor Day dessert.