5 Largest Homes In California
With all of the celebrity figures residing in Los Angeles, many fans find themselves curious about who the five largest homes in California. They may wonder if the celebrities themselves own the homes, or they may have just a general curiosity and love for mansions. Some just want to look at and admire the largest homes in California, in hopes of someday owning one for themselves.
- The Spelling Mansion. It is no surprise that the late Aaron Spelling’s mansion ranks on the list of the largest homes in California. At over 56,000 square feet, this home is the largest in Los Angeles County. The home is situated on over 4 acres and boasts neighbors that include the Playboy Mansion and the Los Angeles Country Club. With over 100 rooms including a wine cellar, gift-wrapping room, library, media screening room and a gym, it easy to see how the property would land on the list of the largest homes in California.
- The Playboy Mansion. At over 21,000 square feet, the Playboy Mansion is yet another of the largest homes in California. While many view this residence as more of a place to party, the mansion is home to Hugh Hefner and his Playmates. The home contains a total of 29 rooms, including a game room, a zoo, an aviary and pet cemetery, tennis courts and a secret Elvis room, a room that Hugh Hefner has kept out of public view. With all of its amenities, it’s easy to see why the Playboy Mansion ranks on the list of the largest homes in California.
- Sumner Redstone’s Beverly Park Home. As the head of Viacom, Sumner Redstone can easily afford to be on the list of the largest homes in California. Purchased from Sylvester Stallone, this property boasts over 15,000 square feet and a screening room, pool and tennis courts. Although the home has only three bedrooms, it’s large square footage gives it the distinction of being one of the largest homes in California.
- David Geffen’s Beverly Hills Estate. Record producer David Geffen set a Los Angeles real estate record when he purchased this 13,000 square foot home in 1990, landing him on the list of the largest homes in California. Situated on nearly 10 acres, this 100 room property even includes its own three hole golf course. The home is located on Angelo Drive in Beverly Hills and its 8 bedroom, 9 bathroom floor plan makes it a shoe-in for one of the largest homes in California.
- Neverland Ranch. No list of the largest homes in California would be complete without the late Michael Jackson’s former home, Neverland Ranch. Known for its youthful atmosphere, Neverland’s main residence is over 13,000 square feet with 5 bedrooms. There are not many things this estate didn’t offer to visitors; it boasted a train station, a Ferris wheel, bumper cars and a carousel, making the Santa Barbara County property a child’s paradise. While the status of Neverland is still up in the air, there’s no denying that it is easily one of the largest homes in California.