5 Latest Fashion Tips For Men
The 5 latest fashion tips for men can make you look up to date but still manly. Recent fashion tips for men include military looks, sack suits, brooches for men, the slim suit and velvet.
- Historical military looks are popular. Army green and air force blue are the main colors for this trend for men. A jacket with brass buttons and a fitted waist can be worn with dark pants or jeans. A military inspired aviator jacket or shearling lined aviator boots pay homage to the military trend as well. One of the best fashion tips for men wanting to have this style at an affordable price is to look for vintage pieces or military surplus clothing.
- The slim suit is still in style. Suits trends for men tend to last longer because they are more classically styled. The extreme “skinny” suit is on its way out but slim is still in. Double-breasted suits are back but not the boxy version. A modern double-breasted suit should have strong shoulders and the appearance of a slim fitted waist. Among surprising fashion tips for men is that three piece suits are making resurgence. But they are decidedly conservative with matching fabric for all three pieces in a solid or subtlety pin-striped fabric.
- Wear velvet with confidence. Although not for wallflowers, velvet is a classic fabric for men that makes an otherwise humble jacket special. A velvet jacket dresses up anything you wear with it, even jeans. But if you just want to try out the trend opt for velvet piping on a jacket lapel. A velvet overcoat in a dark color or even a velvet collar on a cashmere coat screams luxury and style. If you want to try some velvet but want to keep it under wraps then go for some velvet house slippers.
- Brooches, one of the few accessories for men. Brooches for men tend to be in the style of English or Scottish styles or use masculine theme such as animals or even fishing lures. Coins and family crests are another option.
- The Sack Suit is on the rise. A sack suit has a jacket that is not shaped with darts on the front. The modern sack suit for men has less shoulder construction and has only two buttons with a somewhat shorter length with a single rear vent.
Posted on: Oct. 17, 2010