Looking for 5 liquid diet ideas for every occasion? Liquid diets offer a perfect solution if you have no time to eat, or if you’re too sick to eat. For easy swallowing or losing weight, to boost your metabolism or your energy, liquid diet ideas offer great solutions. Here are 5 liquid diet ideas for a healthy body.
- Store-bought liquid diet idea. There are many liquid diet shakes on the market purporting to help you lose weight. To sift this dietary minefield, seek the advice of your doctor or a dietitian at your sport’s club or health spa. For a tested liquid diet idea, try Optifast, which in a study conducted by Michael Walsh, M.D., and Thomas Flunn, M.D., (published in the Journal of Family Practice), patients who consumed the Optifast liquid diet for 12 weeks, followed by 6 weeks of combined liquid diet and solid food, had lost an average of 59 lbs in males, and 41 lbs in females after returning to a daily solid food diet of 1200 to 1400 calories.
- Energy boosting liquid diet idea. To re-energize your body in the morning or anytime during the day when your energy levels sink, make yourself a protein rich liquid diet drink. Unlike store-bought energy liquid diets that come loaded with caffeine, this liquid diet idea is rich in vitamins that will not dehydrate you as caffeine will. Dehydration is often interpreted by the brain as hunger rather than thirst, and may lead to overeating. To make this energy liquid diet idea, blend 1 cup of organic, unsweetened orange juice with 1/4 cup of sliced carrots and 1 fresh, raw egg. Mix the ingredients in your blender for 1 minute, then drink immediately.
- Metabolism boosting liquid diet idea. To lose weight and boost your metabolism at the same time, try the cabbage soup liquid diet idea. Loaded in fiber, cabbage has been proven to speed up the digestion of food and the occurrence of bowl movements. Eat this liquid diet for one week without additional solid food and lose weight fast, or add this liquid diet to a low-fat, healthy diet for steady weight lose and higher metabolism. To make this liquid diet idea, sauté 2 small green tomatoes, 1 small chopped cabbage, 2 green peppers, 2 small chopped onions and 4 sliced carrots. Once the vegetables have softened, add 1/2 a cup of balsamic vinegar and 6 glasses of water, then salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1 hour then strain the soup to consume this liquid diet hot or cold.
- Sore mouth liquid diet idea. After mouth surgery or a painful dentist visit, a liquid diet can keep you nourished without chewing or painful swallowing. Rich in fiber for easy digestion, as well as protein for energy, this delicious diet shake is great for everyday weight lose or those painful sick days. In your blender, mix 1/2 an apple, 1/2 an orange, 1/4 cup of bran flakes, 1/4 cup of yogurt and 2 tbsp wheat germs. Blend for one minute then drink before the ingredients separate.
- Digestive liquid diet idea. Whether you are suffering from high acid or an occasional stomach upset, you can give your digestive organs some needed respite with a soothing liquid diet idea low in acid and rich in easy-to-digest ingredients. Great for losing weight as well as regaining digestive health, this milky liquid diet idea is easy to make. In your blender mix 2 cups of milk, 10 oz of vanilla yogurt, 1 banana, 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 cup of crushed ice. Substitute the sugar with a sweetener for a weight loss liquid diet idea.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.