Low calorie appetizers are a great way to entertain and stay healthy and fit so here's 5 low calorie appetizers. These appetizers are big on flavor but come in at around 100 calories per serving. Consider these 5 low calorie appetizers for your next guy's night or football party. No one will even realize they are eating healthy food.
- Jack Cheese Breadsticks. These combine the comfort of a breadstick with the zing of pepper jack cheese. These finger foods are great for a party because they not only take less than 20 minutes to prepare, but you don't need a plate to eat them. Simply take 1 can of refrigerated breadstick dough and lay on a greased cooking sheet. Combine 1/4 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, and then sprinkle the mixture over the breadstick dough. Fold or twist the dough to complete the breadstick and bake on 375o for 15 minutes. Serve with an ice cold (but low-calorie) beer.
- Mini Frittatas are a great way to combine ingredients you have on hand with eggs, which are cheap and easy to make. Saute 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion, then add whatever meat you choose, bacon, sausage or ham are good choices. Combine 1/3 cup of shredded cheese (reduced fat) of your choice, 4 large egg whites and 1 large egg in a bowl, whisk to combine. Season with pepper and add the sauteed ingredients. Bake in mini-muffin cups for 20 minutes on 350oF.
- Homemade gazpacho. These combines a variety of healthy ingredients in one bowl. Tomatoes and other fruits provide vitamins, minerals and a ton of flavor. Use 2 cups each of chopped tomatoes, melon and cantaloupe, along with 1 cup each of chopped mango, cucumber, nectarines and orange juice. Add 1/2 cup onion and 1 jalapeno pepper for some heat. Use herbs of your choice,basil and mint go well with these particular ingredients. Season with salt, pepper and sugar; cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Hot Crab Dip. This appetizer combines the elegance of high-class ingredients with less expensive fillers that don't skimp on taste. Break out your food processor and combine the following ingredients: 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese, 1/2 teaspoon each of lemon rind and salt, a dash of pepper, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon (or more, depending upon your preference) of hot sauce, and 1 clove of garlic. Blend until smooth, then combine with 8 ounces of whipped cream cheese. Fold in 1 pound of crab meat and gently spoon into a baking dish. Sprinkle the mixture with 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes at 375oF.
- Garlic-Parmesan Popcorn. This appetizer has so much flavor you will never believe you are eating a snack that has less than 100 calories. Melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 cloves of garlic for a burst of flavor; remove from the heat and let cool. Pop 1 cup of popcorn kernels in a hot-air popper or over the stove (in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid, using 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil). Once popped, place the popcorn in a large bowl, pour the butter mixture over top, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.