5 Low Calorie Breakfast Ideas
These 5 low calorie breakfast ideas are just what you need to help keep the extra weight off during the holiday season. Eating a good healthy low calorie breakfast will keep you feeling full longer and save a few extra calories for those holiday goodies. Most people will skip breakfast if they are not hungry or thinking it will help them lose weight. You should always have at least a small breakfast to help get you through until lunch without feeling hungry. These 5 low calorie breakfast ideas fit the bill.
- Yogurt. Yogurt comes in a variety of flavors in the light and low fat varieties. It has active bacteria’s that help keep the bowels moving and healthy. Some varieties have added fiber. If you grave a little crunch add some granola to your yogurt for a low calorie breakfast treat.
- Cereal. Low calorie cereals today have a ton of flavor with added vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. There are various kinds of crispy flakes that will give you a full filling until lunch time to help keep your diet on track. Or add some fresh fruit to add a flavor punch to your morning cereal.
- Egg White Omelet. Not many people are fans of the pure egg white products. However, when used as an omelet you can add flavor with the other ingredients you use. Pack you low calorie omelet full of fresh of lightly sauteed vegetables and you will forget that the yolks and extra calories weren’t included.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal offers a great breakfast at a low calorie count. Add some fresh fruit to the top of your oatmeal instead of milk for some added flavor.
- Pancakes or waffles. Pancakes and waffles themselves are generally low calorie. The calories are added in the butter and syrup. If you absolutely need syrup use pure maple syrup instead of the artificially flavored or bypass the syrup all together and add some raspberries or strawberries to the top of your stack.