Each of these 5 low calorie cereals provides a great, healthy way to start the day. Cereals can be extremely healthy and satisfying, but the wrong choices can also be loaded with sugar and extra calories. Choosing the right low calorie cereal for you will depend on your taste preferences. It will also depend on whether you are looking for something that is strictly very low in calories or something that is both low in calories and a filling breakfast.
- Kix. One of the earliest non-flake cereals, Kix is a puffed grain cereal enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Puffed grain, including puffed wheat and puffed rice, cereals are typically extremely low in calories because the cereal is made up partly of air. This makes them a great low-calorie snack that you can enjoy any time of day. One cup of Kix has 60 calories.
- Cheerios. The classic breakfast cereal you’ve probably enjoyed since childhood is also extremely low in calories. Cheerios are simple and to the point, a great breakfast cereal that can be dressed up with fresh strawberries or bananas, or enjoyed all by itself. One cup of Cheerios has just 100 calories.
- Special K Red Berries. The cereal that promises to aid in weight loss delivers with a low calorie cereal. Special K Red Berries is made up of rice flakes, wheat flakes, and strawberries. One cup of Special K Red Berries has 110 calories.
- Fiber One Original. A great health-conscious and diet-friendly cereal, Fiber One Original is both filling and low calorie. Cereals that are higher in fiber typically contain more calories, but will help you stay full for longer. Fiber One Original has 120 calories in each cup.
- Kashi Go Lean. The healthy cereal pros offer many options for healthy cereals. Kashi Go Lean Original is a great choice for a basic breakfast cereal made with natural, healthy ingredients. While its calorie count is slightly higher than other cereals on this list, Kashi Go Lean packs in 40% of your daily fiber and 20% of your daily protein. This makes it a great low-calorie option that is also filling. One cup of Kashi Go Lean original has 140 calories.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …