5 Low Calorie Dinners
The 5 best low calorie dinners are there to give you double comfort. First, they are comfort foods in their own right because they taste so good. Second, they are healthy and will not increase your waist size, another reason to give you comfort. Each of these meals does not require any complicated steps to prepare, giving you no excuses to try them.
- Chili-rubbed steaks and pan salsa. The best low calorie dinner is this entry that features only 174 calories and a preparation time of 20 minutes. Most cuts of steak will work for this low calorie dinner, but you are best served by choosing rib-eye or any thinly cut steak. If you need stuff to go with this dinner, you can round it out with ale, coleslaw or sweet potato fries.
- Turkey and fontina melts. At 332 calories, turkey and fontina melts take the number two spot on this list of the best low calorie dinners on account of their short preparation time, taste and all-around versatility. Basically, this dinner consists of slices of turkey layered with cheese and spinach. If you make it, it will only take you 20 minutes. You can also eat it with a salad, whole-wheat pasta or even a glass of wine.
- Black bean garlic catfish. The third best low calorie dinner is black bean garlic catfish. It is a great dish to introduce people to eating catfish for the first time. The strong taste of the black bean sauce is perfect to mask the equally strong flavor of the catfish. In just twenty minutes, you will create a dinner that only features 218 calories and can be eaten with brown rice or udon noodles.
- Italian vegetable hoagies. The fourth best low calorie dinner is the Italian vegetable hoagie, on account of them being able to wake you up with their taste combination while still being low in calories. Easy to create, it features hearts of artichoke, balsamic vinegar, cheese, pepperoncini and red onion. You can eat this with cucumber salad and some tomatoes.
- Hot chilli grilled cheese. At 415 calories and with a preparation time of only 30 minutes, these hot chilli grilled cheese sandwiches are a perfect low calorie dinner. The great part about this sandwich is that not only is it gooey on the inside due to the cheese, but it also comes with quite a sharp flavor. Serve this with pineapple that has been sliced and some coleslaw salad.