If you're thirsty, but don't want to add more unnecessary calories to your diet, check out these 5 low calorie drinks. They will help keep the pounds off, while still providing a great taste. Whether it's just a drink for dinner or a night out on the town, there are plenty of low calorie drink options for you to choose from.
- Green tea Green tea is one of the best low calorie drinks for a number of different reasons. First, it contains antioxidants that studies have shown fight cancer. Second, studies have shown that not only is low in calories, but it may also help burn more calories. Third, it can be drank either hot or iced. Finally, it has topped the list of the best low calorie drinks because it doesn't need any extra flavors or sweeteners added to it.
- Sparkling water Water is a vital resource for the human body. Not everyone likes to drink water, though. Fortunately, there is the option for sparkling water. It's water with flavor. As long as artificial sweetener-free bottles are purchased, you are going to have a great low calorie drink to enjoy. Not only will you get the benefits of water, you will also enjoy the taste at the same time.
- Wine or Champagne Having a glass or two of wine or Champagne won't add a lot of calories to your diet because both are relatively low calorie drinks. Not only that, but many doctors actually suggest that a glass of wine each night can benefit a person's overall health. Enjoy that glass of wine or champagne without worrying about all of the calories.
- Vodka If you're out on the town for a night and need a low calorie drink, vodka might be a good option. It's actually made from water and ethyl alcohol. Flavors are often added, but it will still contain far fewer calories then many other alcoholic beverages. You can get it served traditionally or in a cocktail that it's been mixed in.
- St. Clements This low calorie drink is a good substitute for orange juice in the mornings. It mixes equal parts of orange juice and lemon juice. If you don't like lemon juice, you can even substitute sprite or lemonade, but that may up the calorie count a bit. It's great if you serve it over ice. Give this low calorie drink a try and you won't be sorry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.