These 5 low calorie salads make wonderful and healthy meals. Most can also be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for anytime that you need a low calorie side dish or snack. Salads are a great way to add fruits and vegetables to your diet. There are so many varieties that it is hard to ever get bored with healthy choices.
Red Pepper and Cucumber Salad
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped in thin slices
- Stir together the vinegar, sesame oil, hot sauce, and olive oil.
- Stir in the scallions and cucumber until they are coated in the dressing.
- This simple and low calorie salad be served cold or heated for a few minutes on the stove over medium heat.
Apple and Cabbage Salad
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Combine the apples, onions, and cabbage in a large bowl.
- Stir together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and stir to make a sweet and healthy low calorie salad.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- Combine the spices and the apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
- Combine cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes
- Toss the tomato mixture with the dressing for a simple summer salad.
Apple and Celery Salad
- 4 apples, chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat peach yogurt
- Combine apples and lemon juice.
- Add celery and grapes and mix.
- Coat with the low-fat yogurt and refrigerate the salad overnight before serving.
Blackberry Spinach Salad
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 large scallion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar'
- Combine spinach, blackberries, tomatoes, and scallions in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar for a simple and delicious low calorie salad.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?