If you are looking to lose a few pounds or just to eat better, you may be interested in these 5 low calorie snack ideas. Low calorie snacks are a great way to keep the weight off and to eat healthier throughout the day. Although fresh fruits and vegetables are great low calorie snack ideas these snack ideas can pack a punch of flavors.
- Baked Potatoes. While it has been said that potatoes are a bad idea for snack because they are high calorie that is not the case. The potato itself is packed full of nutrition and low calorie. Choosing your topping wisely will keep these great tasting snacks low calorie. Try adding some yogurt, salsa or other low calorie topping to your baked potato.
- Popcorn. It is true that popcorn smothered in butter is not good for you. However, air popped popcorn is a filling low calorie snack. Instead of butter, season your popcorn with salt and pepper, chili powder, or dill. Use a couple of pumps or a spray butter to help the spices stick while keeping the calorie count low.
- Pretzels. Pretzels are a great low calorie snack when you are craving something crunchy and salty. They are a great alternative to chips for that craving and are only a fraction of the calories.
- Crispy Chicken Fingers. Baked chicken offers a low calorie snack. This may take a little longer to prepare but is a great choice when you are craving a crunchy fried food or French fries. Just preheat your oven to 375. Lightly brush chicken with plain yogurt and roll in a seasoned flour and bread crumb mix. Bake until thoroughly cooked, about twenty minutes.
- Hummus. Hummus is a great snack on pita bread or low calorie crackers. Hummus can be bought at the grocery store or can easily be homemade.
As with anything it is all about quantity. Anything can be a low calorie snack in small amounts. Pay close attention to serving sizes and calories to make you own low calorie snacks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.