Here are five low calorie soups that will keep you satisfied. These low calorie soups are easily prepared and healthy for you. Low calorie soups can be served as an appetizer or a low calorie main dish.
To make green minestrone soup, you will need:
- 1/3 pound fresh beans
- 3 eggplants, cubed
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 white cabbage, diced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 4 1/4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 oz. of small pasta
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Boil fresh beans. When they are half cooked pour them in a larger pot adding eggplants, potatoes and zucchini, cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, onion and celery.
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables. Then add oil and butter.
- When the ingredients are nearly cooked, add the pasta, and the pesto. Cook until the pasta is ready and then serve it right away with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
To make low calorie tomato spinach soup, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 14 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups low calorie vegetable broth
- 1/2 bunch of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and let soften, add the garlic.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth. Add the spinach and the herbs.
- Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in vinegar and black pepper. Add salt to taste.
To make low calorie cream of broccoli soup, you will need:.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped (can also substitute carrots, cauliflower or zucchini)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- In a soup pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onion and celery until it begins to soften.
- Add the potato and broccoli and stir. Finally add the broth and the milk.
- Let simmer for twenty minutes. Check to see that all of the vegetables are cooked through.
- Then blend the soup in a blender. Reheat on low and serve.
To make Italian white bean soup, you will need:
- 2 14.5 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low calorie chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, sliced
- Combine one can of beans with half of the broth in a blender. Process until smooth and put into a pan.
- Stir in all of the ingredients except the basil. Simmer over low heat for fifteen minutes. Serve topped with basil.
To make low calorie corn chowder, you will need:
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced and cooked
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook the onion and potatoes for two minutes until softened. Add the garlic.
- Mix the flour, milk, and mustard and seasoning separately in a bowl. Add the mixture to the skillet. Mix in the corn.
- Bring to a boil. Then turn down to low heat until it thickens, stirring constantly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.