Enjoy a drink without sabotaging your diet with these 5 low calorie wines. In most countries, wines do not list nutritional data on their bottles, so isolating a brand that has the lowest calorie wine is nearly impossible. There are, however, several types of wine that tend to have fewer calories than other choices. The following guidelines give calorie estimates for a four-ounce glass of wine.
- White Zinfandel. People tend to have strong opinions about drinking white zinfandel. For some, it hardly qualifies as wine, while others prefer its fruity taste to other choices. Love it or hate it, white zinfandel tends to be one the lowest calorie wines available. One glass of white zinfandel has an average of 80 calories.
- Sauvignon Blanc. This dry white wine is a good choice for someone watching their calories. As a general rule, dry wines will always have fewer calories than sweeter wines. Sauvignon Blanc is generally described as crisp and refreshing. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc contains about 80 calories.
- Chablis. Chablis is a French wine made from 100% Chardonnay grapes. A wine with a very pure taste, Chablis often has an acidity that some describe as a green-apple. One glass of Chablis has about 83 calories.
- Chardonnay. A white wine that is often both affordable and always easy to find in restaurants. Chardonnay is often a great low calorie choice. Chardonnays have a lot of flavor variation and are generally dry. A glass of Chardonnay has an average of 90 calories.
- Cabernet Sauvignon.The only red wine to make the list, Cabernet Sauvignon is a popular dry red wine. The fact that it is dry makes it more diet-friendly than sweeter reds. Red wines are generally higher in calories than white wines. A glass of Cabernet Sauvignon has an average of 95 calories.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.