5 Low Carb Holiday Recipes
Here are 5 low carb recipes that everyone at the Holiday table will enjoy. If you are trying to lose weight on a low carb diet there is no reason you can't enjoy the holidays.
Low Carb Garlic Mashed Faux Potatoes
- 4 cups cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- 4 tsp. butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- Steam cauliflower in the chicken stock until soft
- Puree cauliflower.
- Add butter, cream, salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste.
Green Beans with Almonds
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. Splenda
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Trim beans and cook in boiling water until tender.
- Combine water, soy sauce, lime, ginger, and garlic in a saute pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until thick. Stir in drained beans.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
Low Carb Cranberry Relish
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 4 cups cranberries
- 3/4 sweetener
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
- In saucepan mix rum and sweetener heat to boil.
- Add cranberries and lemon zest. Bring to boil, then lower heat to just above a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add nuts, mix, cook for 1 to 2 more minutes then let cool.
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs
- Lemon juice
- Snap ends off of asparagus
- Put on cookie sheet
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs and lemon on the asparagus.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes.
Low Carb Pumpkin Soup
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 can pure pumpkin
- 2 cups 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground all spice
- 1/4 tsp, cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Combine broth with veggies, baking soda, pepper, and salt in pot. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, 1/2 and 1/2, and spices. Simmer 5 more minutes.
- Blend in food processor to puree.
- Serve in bowls with nuts sprinkled on top.