Eating a low-fat diet is important for weight loss, so here are 5 low-fat recipes Weight Watchers style. The key to losing weight is to eat less calories than you burn off each day. Weight Watchers helps you learn how to eat healthier and lose weight. Try these scrumptious Weight Watcher recipes.
- Weight Watchers Zero Value Vegetable Soup. Dice 1 onion, 2 carrots, 1 red pepper, 1 stalk celery, and 2 small zucchini; shred 2 cups cabbage. Chop 2 cups Swiss chard, 2 cups each broccoli and cauliflower florets. Use large soup pot and add 6 cups of vegetable broth, 2 minced cloves garlic, 2 tsp. thyme, and vegetables. Bring it to a boil, then simmer, partially covered, for approximately 10 minutes. Add 2 tbsp. parsley or chives, and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Serves 12. Weight Watcher value 0. Can be eaten as a meal or snack any time.
- Weight Watchers Baked Chicken Siciliano. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix 15 ounces tomato sauce, 4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning, and ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Cut 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, dip into mixture. Put breasts in baking dish and sprinkle ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese over them. Bake approximately 40 minutes. Serves 8. Calories 168, fat 3.5 g, cholesterol 70 mg, salt 442 mg, carbs 4 g.
- Weight Watchers Seafood Kabobs with Spicy Pimiento Sauce. Heat up your grill. Mix 1 cup mayo, 8 oz. pimientos, 2 minced cloves garlic, and ¾ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes in a blender and set aside. Mix ¼ olive oil, 4 tsp. lemon juice, ½ tsp. each salt and pepper. Put 48 medium shrimp, tails on, and 48 scallops on 16 skewers alternating shrimp and scallops. Brush with the lemon juice mixture. Put on medium grill about 4-6” above heat. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes until the shrimp is pink and the scallops are clear. Turn them once. Dip them in the first sauce mixture (can also be broiled). Serves 8. Calories 260, fat 23 g, salt 300 mg, protein 11 g.
- Weight Watchers Chicken Cacciatore. Cut up 4 boneless chicken breasts into strips or chunks. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in skillet and add chicken, 1 med. chopped onion, 2 minced cloves garlic, 2 carrots and 1 bell pepper sliced. Stir fry until veggies are tender. Add in 2 large cans of Italian seasoned tomatoes, 2/3 cup of white wine (or chicken broth), 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, 2 tsp. dried crushed basil, and ¼ tsp. dried oregano. Add in one cup of ripe olives cut in half. Bring to a boil then turn it down, cover, and simmer until veggies and chicken are done. Bring again to a boil and add 1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbsp. of water. Simmer at least an hour. Stir every few minutes so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom. Serve mixture over 8 oz. of buttered wide egg noodles. Serves 4. Calories 144, fat 7 g, carbs 14 g, salt 337 mg.
- Weight Watchers Barbecue Chicken and Cornbread. Cut up 1-1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts and thighs. Cook in a non-stick skillet about five minutes until done. In a baking dish, mix 15 oz. red beans (drained and rinsed), 1- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce, 1 chopped bell pepper, ½ cup BBQ sauce, add chicken. Cover loosely and cook in microwave for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through. Make one pkg. cornbread mix. Remove chicken from microwave. Cover chicken with cornbread mixture and place in 375 degree oven for 15 to 18 minutes. Makes 8 servings. Calories 324, fat 8 g, cholesterol 51 mg, carbs 38 g, protein 26 g, and salt 791 mg.
These delicious Weight Watchers recipes will help make your healthy new eating enjoyable. Remember to fill half your plate with lots of fresh vegetables of all different colors. The other two quarters should be filled with protein and carbs which makes for a healthy Weight Watchers-type balanced meal.