Amongst all the glitz and glamour that is Mardi Gras, 5 Mardi Gras costume ideas for men stand out. Look for the bold and slightly outrageous, honestly anything goes for this holiday but you can’t go wrong with these tried and true classics.
- Jester, a famous trickster, is a Mardi Gras costume that allows the wearer to be forward and flirtatious throughout the night. Choose this costume if you are naturally outgoing, or are ready to be energetic and fun.
- Animals are one of the best Mardi Gras costume choices for men; they are wild and can be personalized with some sparkly embellishments. Choose a lion, the king of the jungle, or a prowling tiger. Snake costumes are fun to wear as are peacocks. Look for shiny fabrics rather than furry, and be sure to choose a mask over an animal head from a costume shop.
- King costumes are commonly seen, but never cliché. Dress as a medieval king or declare yourself king of the Mardi Gras. Wear a red or purple cape with fur trim, a large crown and carry a scepter. Majestic themes are big during Mardi Gras.
- Evil jesters, devils or other menacing costumes are another popular Mardi Gras costume choice for men. As the lights go down on Bourbon Street the party really livens up and you can stand out from the sparkly, happy costumes with an evil, scary mask and cape.
- A beer keg is a novelty costume choice that pays tribute to one of the main activities of Mardi Gras, drinking. The costume can be purchased from a costume shop. It includes a one piece foam tunic with a unique helmet that includes a beverage reservoir on top. The hand-held nozzle actually dispenses liquid making this not only a fun choice, but a practical one.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …