Even though Mardi Gras is synonymous with Fat Tuesday in New Orleans, you can use these 5 Mardi Gras party ideas for the next time you want to have a theme party. Mardi Gras is a festive time in New Orleans annually and is also popular in other countries. This festive party usually held in February a day before the Lenten season starts. However, it is a celebration that you can enjoy any time of the year, and it does not require any complicated preparation.
Things you will need to plan your Mardi Gras party.
- Card Plate
- Invite your friends using your favorite social network site. This is one way to ensure all your friends receive their invitation, and it is a way for you to inform your friends of any update to your festivities. Additionally, when you list your Mardi Gras party on your favorite social network site, it might increase interest in your party. Friends who probably were not planning to attend will see the buzz surrounding your party and decide to attend. Thus, this ensures you have optimum attendance.
- Buy decorative items that represent Mardi Gras. Purple, green and gold are colors associated with Mardi Gras, and you can buy balloons, tablecloths, card plate and other decorative items at most party stores locally or online.
- Dress in manner that is in keeping with the Mardi Gras tradition is a great Mardi Gras party idea. Think about dressing up as a king, clown or jester or consider dressing up as the opposite sex. Dressing as the opposite sex is acceptable and is a popular costume used during Mardi Gras celebration. The party stores also sells mask and costumes that you can purchase for your party as well. Add beads, doubloons and feathers to your decoration they make the occasion more festive.
- Eat foods that you enjoy. It is one of the high points of Mardi Gras, and it is customary to over eat on foods that are usually not eaten during Lent. So, eat foods you like and add some foods that are customary during Mardi Gras such as Gumbo, Jambalaya, Dirty Rice, bread pudding and seafood.
- Incorporate activities geared to the family when you plan your Mardi Gras Party. Do this by playing games that everyone can participate such as scavenger hunt and have the little ones in the family find the hidden goodies.
With some planning and time, you can have a Mardi Gras party that your friends and guest will enjoy for years to come.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...