Need to know five martial arts stick fighting tips to improve your martial arts skills? You've come to the right article. Here, we're going to give you five martial arts stick fighting tips. If you take these tips to heart, you will see your skills in stick fighting improve very quickly.
- Target certain areas. When stick fighting, the most effective areas to target are the head, neck, collar bones, upper arms and knees.
- Keep legs bent. Always keep your legs slightly bent, as if you are ready to jump in stick fighting. Never let your legs go rigid. This will reduce the time it takes you to react to an opponent's move, or start your own attack.
- Fake-out often. Fake-outs are very easy and effective in stick fighting. There are many ways to appear to be aiming for a certain spot when you are actually building up momentum to strike somewhere else. Practice these movements.
- Keep your stick at the ready. Always be prepared and ready to block. Keep your stick at the ready and remember that your opponent is always looking for a chance to attempt a winning blow. Do not give your opponent this opportunity. Stay on your guard.
- Practice often and stay in shape! You cannot be an effective stick fighter if you don't stay in shape and keep in practice. Try to practice movements often and keep yourself fit by exercising regularly. As in all forms of martial arts, the person who is in shape and in practice will have a decisive, and often winning, advantage.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.