5 Martial Arts Training Weapons
These 5 martial arts training weapons represent some common weapons seen in martial arts training. There are several uses for weapons, whether it involves training for proficiency with the weapon or integrating movements of the martial art. Additionally, many martial artists use weapon training to learn how to defend themselves from weapons. Here are the five most common martial arts training weapons.
- Sword The sword used for various forms of martial arts and is an extremely popular weapon. Along western and eastern martial arts, the sword remains an important martial arts training weapon, teaching movement and balance along with the weapon's abilities.
- Escrima stick From the Filipino martial arts, the Escrima sticks are a short weapons used for hand-to-hand combat. However, anyone in martial arts can make use of this important training weapon. It can also be useful in Iron Palm training on the arms and legs to accustom your limbs to contact.
- Kama The sickle-like Okinawan weapon is a weapon with a long history. ound in karate, silat and other Chinese martial arts, the kama teaches circular movements useful in blocking techniques.
- Knife The knife is an important part of any martial art. It represents one weapon in which nearly all martial arts approach in order to teach defensive techniques. You must be able to defend yourself against the knife.
- Staff The staff and its various forms (such as the Japanese bo) are a popular weapon in many martial arts. The staff is primarily found in Chinese martial arts with other forms in other arts. Its simple form make it a practical weapon in fighting situations, particularly in Shaolin methods.