5 Martial Arts Warrior Training Tips
These 5 martial arts warrior training tips are a combination of several styles of martial arts. They usually involve moves from Muy Thai, Jiujitsu and wrestling. Punches, knee and leg strike examples are covered in these 5 martial arts warrior training tips.
- Knee strikes are one of the most devastating attacks of the 5 martial arts warrior training tips. Knee strikes can go to the abdomen, groin, or even the opponent's head. You always want to remember to keep your toes pointed down. This keeps the force of the strike focused on the front of your knee. You bring your knee straight in while keeping your hands elevated. You can also pull down your opponent's head, and strike with your knee to their head.
- Middle roundhouse kick is one of the 5 martial arts warrior training tips that focuses on the floating ribs of your opponent. You use your shin bone to strike in to the upper section of your opponent's ribs. It's very important to remember to pivot your standing foot when executing this maneuver. This will help you to avoid twisting your knee.
- Left/Right punching relies on the power of you rotating your hips when delivering the punch. This one of the 5 martial arts warrior training tips is a basic move that is still quite powerful. The rotation of your hips in delivery is what gives you speed and power. This is because you're now delivering the punch with half of your body, instead of just your arm. Also remember to focus on using your top knuckles. These are the hardest knuckles in your punch. Your left hand is the jab. Your right hand is the power throw that quickly follows in succession. Your right hand is coming from a farther distance, so it has more momentum in it, and thus more power on delivery.
- Left/right Switch kick is one of the 5 martial arts warrior training tips that combines punches and kicks. It starts with the basic left/right punch to your opponent's face. This is quickly followed by a switch kick. A switch kick is performed by switching your base leg after the left/right punches, and kicking with your left leg. This gives the kick tremendous power.
- Elbow strikes are often done to cut your opponent's face. This one of the 5 martial arts warrior training tips is done with an open hand, and a downward strike to your opponent's nose ridge. You start from your fighting stance, and use the sharp part of your elbow when coming down. All your weight should be behind the strike. This move is ideally done in a punch and two elbow strikes sequence.