5 Medical Schools That Offer Alternative Medicine Courses
alternative medicine is becoming more widely integrated into western medicine, so if you are interested in practicing alternative medicine, you should learn about 5 medical schools that offer Alternative Medicine Courses. More and more medical doctors are obtaining their Acupuncture License or Certificate in Herbology. Many medical offices have at least one Alternative Medicine Provider. Check out these five medical schools that offer alternative medicine courses in everything from Acupuncture to Hypnosis.
- Colombia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. This Superior Ivy League Medical School offers Alternative Medicine Courses as electives. An example includes "MD04P Critical Assessment of Complementary and Alternative Medicine." This class integrates a traditional Western Biomedical Approach with the benefits of alternative medicine therapies such as Yoga, Acupuncture and Herbology. Students are exposed to the theories of Oriental Medicine and critically evaluate benefits of Alternative approaches to treatment. Students can obtain their license in Acupuncture at Colombia University. Colombia is located at 630 W. 168th Street. New York, New York, 10032
- Emory University School of Medicine. Emory University School of Medicine offers classes in “Complementary Medicine.” Complementary Medicine is essentially “Alternative Medicine.” Emory offers Master’s Degrees and Doctorate Degrees in Physical therapy. At Emory you can obtain your Doctor of Medicine and also take classes at the School of Physical Therapy. Emory Physical Therapy school is ranked as one of the top schools in the United States. Located at 1648 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322
- Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. Case Western Medical School received a grant from the National Institute of Health for Alternative Medicine Research. Alternative medicine at Case Western is primarily Chinese Qigong. Qigong is energy flow and there are two classes offered, Qigong I and II in addition to a research lab devoted to Chinese Alternative Medicine. Located at 1588 Bellflower Rd,Cleveland, Ohio 44106
- Georgetown University School of Medicine. Gerogetown School of Medicine offers an entire Alternative Medicine program called, "The Program of Mind-Body Studies." Georgetown includes courses in hypnosis, acupuncture and biofeedback in mind-body studies. This is used in conjunction with traditional Western therapies in pain management. This program advocates the most simple ways to reduce pain before drug intervention such as self-hypnosis where you repeat statements over and over. Georgetown is located at 3900 Reservoir Road NW, Medical Dental Building Washington, DC 20057
- Harvard Medical School. Harvard Medical School is the top school in the nation. Harvard College has a vast Alternative Medicine Program. Some examples of classes include “Alternative Medicine: Implications for Practice and Clinical Research" , "Liability Issues in Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Medicine"and “Medical Hypnosis and Behavioral Therapy.” Harvard Medical School is located at 25 Shattuck Street, Boston, MA 02115.