5 Military Retirement Gifts
Giving someone who is retiring from the military one of these 5 military retirement gifts is sure to make their day. Retiring from the military is a great honor and the retiree deserves to be honored with one of these awesome gifts.
- Military Chess Set. Giving one of these chess sets as a military retirement gift is a great way to honor someone for their military service. These chess sets come in themes for each branch of the military. If there are servicemen from two different branches of the military in a family, it might be a good idea to get a set that features the two branches of the military, so the servicemen can compete against each other. Themes from famous historical battles such as Pearl Harbor and Gettysburg are also available.
- Shadow Box. This is a military retirement gift that the a person will treasure for a lifetime. These boxes come in different shapes, and can include memorabilia such as dog tags, badges, and medals. An engraved plaque can be put on the outside of the box with the person's name, rank, and branch of service.
- Deployment Light Up Map. Besides being a great military retirement gift, these maps are also a great conversation piece. These maps have lighted pegs on them that can show all the places a serviceman has been deployed throughout their military career. Retired military people can also use this map to map out their future travel plans.
- Jewelry. A person's taste will depend on what type of jewelry you give them for a military retirement gift. Rings and necklaces with the branch of service on them are very nice. Having the person's name engraved the back of a piece of jewelry is also a great option
- Personalized Photo Album. This is a military retirement gift that the retiree will never forget. The photo album can contain photos of the person's military journey throughout the years. To make the gift even more special, have fellow soldiers autograph the album for the person who is retiring.
Posted on: Aug. 30, 2010