5 Most Awaited 2010 Movie Trailers
The five most awaited 2010 movie trailers gave viewers a lot to be excited about this year. As is often the case, the majority of them were sequels, but each one was as hotly anticipated as the next. These were the trailers that kept us on the edge of our seats in the movie theaters, looking at our friends and partners with eyes wide in excitement.
- “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.” As soon as the shadowy Warner Brothers sign flashed across the screen, flanked by dark and angry clouds, there was no doubt that this was one of the most anticipated trailers of 2010. It was chock full of exciting shots to entice fans: Voldemort, our three heroes looking older than they ever have, Dumbledore’s sacrifice, the rapidly dissipating Ministry of Magic, Death Eaters attacking and our heroes fighting amongst themselves as they strive to save the wizarding world. The trailer also foreshadowed the return of some old friends, including Dobby the house elf and Mr. Ollivander. With the final words in the trailer being Voldemort whispering, “I have seen your heart. And it is mine,” audiences were officially hooked.
- “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.” The latest “Twilight” offering was probably the second-most anticipated trailer of 2010. Fans were privy to multiple images of Bella’s two knights in shining armor vying for her affection (the werewolf Jacob and the the vampire Edward) the army of vampires gathering in Seattle and the Cullen family and the werewolves bonding together to fight against the army. This of course entailed a number of exciting action shots and a thrilling scene of a different nature: Edward proposing to Bella.
- “Toy Story 3.” The trailer for final “Toy Story” film took us down memory lane with old video recordings of a young Andy and his family playing with our favorite toys, watching as he grows until he reaches college age, finally outgrowing his toys. It was a touching trailer for what turned out to be an equally touching film and a suitable end to the trilogy.
- “TRON: Legacy.” When word came out that there would be a sequel to the 1982 film “Tron,” fans anxiously waited in anticipation for the trailer. When it finally was released, it set audiences alight with images of the digital world as Kevin Flynn’s son returns to Flynn’s Arcade in search of his father, who disappeared in 1989, and gets sucked into the game world. The hotly anticipated trailer showcased the design of the mainframe and its games, utilizing modern technology, but with the designs following in the same vein of the original film.
- “Inception.” This film was so shrouded in secrecy that the anticipation of the trailer had reached fever pitch by the time it arrived, making it one of the most awaited trailers of 2010. The Christopher Nolan thriller about the architecture of the mind and the art of stealing from it stunned audiences and kept them wrapped in suspense until the film came out in the summer of 2010.
ARTICLE TITLE SUGGESTIONS
5 Most Awaited Films of 2010
5 Best Children’s Films of 2010
Top 5 Romance Films of 2010