Are you looking for the 5 most expensive bikes? While the average Joe might not ever even see one of these wheels, millionaires with money to burn around the world are willing to spend the big bucks on these expensive bikes. While the five most expensive bikes in the world might not be practical to ride, they'll certainly win you bragging rights.
- "Butterfly" Trek Madone. Sold by Lance Armstrong for charity at the benefit following the Tour de France, it was clear coated with hundreds of real butterfly wings. Although People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals called it a barbarity, somebody liked it- and bought it for a cool $500,000.
- Trek Yoshitomo Nara Speed Concept. Also sold at the same auction (Lance Armstrong rode this at the 18th stage of the 2009 tour), this bike was painted by the prolific Japanese artist Yoshitomo Nara, and it sold for $200,000.
- Aurumania Crystal Edition Gold Bike. Feeling like you want one of the five most expensive bikes but you need a little bling on it? This lands on the list because it features a gold-plated frame, spokes, and wheels, 600 Swarovski crystals. Sold for $101,000, this baby is sure to break the bank. Not done yet? For one of your expensive bikes, you'll need a wall rack coated in more gold and crystals (only $6,000!).
- Trek Madone 7-Diamond. In 2005, after the Tour de France, Lance Armstrong auctioned off this expensive bike for $75,000. Decorated with 100 white diamonds and seven man-made one-karat gold diamonds, it'll certainly impress.
- Montante Luxury Gold Collection. For all the lovely ladies out there with nice dresses, this bike will not only impress, it will keep your couture off the ground! Montante designed this bike with gold leaf, 11,000 Swarovski crystals, and a python leather seat. It sells for $46,000. This will definitely fit the bill of one of the five most expensive bikes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …