If you have a taste for caviar, then you may want to try the 5 most expensive caviars you can buy. As you may know caviar is fish eggs and depending on the type and age of the fish it comes from determines how expensive it is.
- Farm Raised Osetra Baerii – This expensive caviar comes from the Osetra sturgeon that can be found in the Caspian Sea. However this particular caviar is farm raised in Italy in a controlled environment. It has a sweet tangy flavor and is available at cost of $70.00 per ounce.
- American White Sturgeon – Coming from a farm in California, this most expensive caviar is found in the White sturgeon. Black in color and having a buttery texture this caviar is priced around $75.00 per ounce.
- Osetra Karat Malossol Gold – This expensive caviar also comes from a breed of the Osetra sturgeon which is farmed raised as well but in Israel. As the name indicates this caviar is gold in color with a pure robust flavor. An ounce of this fine caviar will cost you about $100.00.
- Kaluga Sturgeon – Not only is this one of the most expensive caviars, it comes from one of the largest freshwater fish in the world the Huso Dauricus(Kaluga) sturgeon. Coming from Russia and China this mild, buttery tasting caviar is $180.00 an ounce.
- Iranian Sevruga 000 Malossol – A product of Iran, this expensive caviar is harvested from the Sevruga sturgeon, which is found in the Caspian and Black Seas. A popular choice for airlines and cruise ships for the price of over $200.00 per ounce.
Caviar can come from other types of fish as well, salmon for example, but if you notice the most expensive caviar comes from the sturgeon family. Also keep in mind that caviar has a short shelf life, only about three days after it is opened. Be sure to consume it quickly because at these prices you can not afford to let it go to waste?