5 Most Expensive Items In The World
The 5 most expensive items in the world are on the market for folks who have more money than brains. The most expensive items in the world range from a variety of categories that are included on the list. The list is also limited to items on the market. A space shuttle might strike you as an outrageously rich person's fancy, but the odds of buying one are limited. Get your cash ready. Let's shop!
- The most expensive martini Any list of the five most expensive item in the world must include the most expensive martini. The only problem with selecting only one drink in this category is the group of martini mixers who want to be contenders. Once one bar introduces a $5,000 or $6,000 drink, everyone gets on the bandwagon to mix something more outrageous. As to date, the most expensive martini is stirred, not shaken and includes a monster diamond engagement ring. The standard drink hits the menu at a whopping $10,000, but you can upgrade if you pick a larger stone for the ring and something a bit more precious for the metal. Get your stopwatches out, a new martini price record is probably minutes away.
- The most expensive bra This is one of the five most expensive items in the world that has a narrow field of competition. Believe it or not, there are several jewel encrusted bras. When money is in the air, it brings out the competition in most entrepreneurs. If you're ready to pony up the big bucks enough to shell out $12,500,000, buy the bra. If you have a bit more in your checking account, ask for a pair of custom panties. The bra is the color of metal, but at that price the two should be a cool green. The color of money.
- The most expensive house in the United States This item is another fluid category. Just when one monster home is constructed, someone decides that the record is meant to be broken and builds a house more outrageous than the title holder. The winner is a new house in Nevada. "House" may be the incorrect word to describe a place with an asking price of $100 million and a monthly payment of over $400,000, depending on the amount of your down. On the down side, the house only has nine bedrooms and nine baths. The upside is the owner also has a par-three golf course.
- The most expensive sport shoes The list of the five most expensive items includes custom made items. While you can pick up a pair of shoes in the $500 to $2,000 range at many high-end, exclusive stores, the most expensive shoes ever sold hit the market in 2000 and sold for $55,000. The most interesting part of this shoe story is the shoes were used by basketball star Wilt Chamberlain.
- The most expensive rock, also known as jewelry or bling Precious metals come and go, but a big old rock is worth something regardless of what happens with the economy. Escaping aristocracy knew enough to sew in the jewels in their travel gear. Diamonds hold value in times of recession, but the most expensive rocks are well known and aren't currently on the market at the moment. That doesn't mean the rock won't come up for sale again; it's been sold several times. The Wittelsbach diamond came on the scene in the 1670s and it turned up for auction in 2008, bringing in more than $16.5 million. At 100-carats, the stone was a steal.