5 Most Expensive Watches
If you love unique timepieces, this list of the 5 most expensive watches in the world will certainly get you salivating. These five watches (which happen to all be Swiss-made) have their own unique design and style and each one offers something different for the wearer to enjoy.
- Emperador Temple The Emperador Temple, made by Piaget, is truly a one-of-a-kind timepiece. This watch, which contains two “hidden” faces, is set with a total of 1,212 diamonds (of various cuts and sizes) and can be commissioned for $3.3 million.
- Aeternitas Mega 4 The Aeternitas Mega 4, made by Franck Muller and available only in New York and Geneva, is considered the most complicated timepiece in existence. Not only does this watch chime the Carillon Westminster melody every hour, it also displays three time zones, has a 999 year calendar and is comprised of 1,483 components. This watch is available by special order only and retails for $2.7 million. Mega indeed.
- Fibonacci Pocket Watch This unique pocket watch, designed by Swiss company Parmigiani Fleurier, can take up to two years to manufacture. It features a case that is decorated with a lotus flower (representing Fibonacci Golden Rule), white gold dials, mother of pearl counters and cathedral chimes. The Fibonacci pocket watch has a price of $2.4 million, making it the most expensive pocket watch in the world.
- Tourbillion Diamants The Tourbillion Diamants, created by Blancpain and Swatch Group, is covered entirely with diamonds (a total of 480). It is self-winding, water-resistant and has a seven-day power reserve. This watch is available only by special order and has a reported cost of $1.8 million.
- Sky Moon Tourbillion The Sky Moon Tourbillion, created by Swiss company Patek Philippe, is the only double-faced wristwatch on this list and features a perpetual calendar, a minute repeater and a display of sidereal time. Its reverse side displays the motion of the stars, the orbit of the moon and the moon's phases. You can purchase the Sky Moon Tourbillion for $1.1 million.