Have you ever wondered who the 5 most famous black billionaires are? Anyone who has a net worth of at least 1 billion units of a currency; usually the US Dollar, Euro or Pound sterling is considered a billionaire. Check out the list below for the 5 most famous black billionaires around the globe.
- Mohammed Al Amoudi. Mohammed is a 63 year old Ethiopian who's net worth is $9,000,000,000; he is the richest black person in the world. Oil, agriculture, hotels, hospitals, finance operations and maintenance are all within his business portfolio.
- Aliko Dangote. Second place goes to Nigerian born Aliko, who's net worth is $3.3,000,000,000. Aliko is the founder of Dangote Group, which dominates the sugar industry in his country. He was Nigeria's first billionaire.
- Oprah Gail Winfrey. The 56 year old Winfrey has a net worth of over $2.5,000,000,000, she has been dubbed the first black female billionairess. Oprah is a self made billionaire who earned her fortune in television. Oprah is a US citizen, and the richest black person in North America.
- Michael Lee-Chin. The 59 year old Michael was born in Jamaica and also has roots in China. Michael is the second richest black person in North America with a net worth of $2.1,000,000,000. Michael is in the business of financial services, he resides in Canada where he earned his fortune.
- Mohammed Ibrahim. Mohammed is from the Sudan and is 64 years old, his net worth is also $2.1,000,000,000. Mohammed is the founder of one of Africa's most successful companies; Celtel International. Mohammed is in the business of wireless communications, at which he is a global expert.
Note: All of the people on the above list are self made billionaires.