To be known as one of the five most famous Italian soccer players your achievements and contributions to the sport of soccer have to be amazing. Italians take their soccer seriously and have many great players because of their love of the game.
- Francesco Totti. Totti plays for the Italian national team. As a striker he is well known as a great attacking midfielder. Francesco holds the record for goals scored at A.S. Roma. His loyalty to that Italian team has made him a fan favorite as well as one of the most famous Italian soccer players.
- Fabio Cannavaro. Cannavaro has played for the Italian team in the World Cup, helping lead Italy to victory and ensuring his place in Italian soccer history. He has also won the coveted FIFA World Player of the Year award greatly raising his celebrity in and out of Italy as one of the greatest Italian soccer players.
- Alessandro Nesta. Nesta has played for Milan, as well as on a victorious Italian World Cup soccer team. He has been named one of the best center backs ever, having won the Serie A Defender of the Year award multiple times.
- Alessandro del Piero. Piero has been named as one of the greatest soccer players by Pele, an honor that few soccer players can share in. His accolades include the Golden Foot award, one of the most prestigious awards given to players over the age of 29, for athletic and personal achievements. After securing so many awards he is noted as one of the best Italian soccer players of all time.
- Gianluigi Buffon. Buffon has played for the Italian national team as well as for the Italian FIFA World Cup team. As a goalkeeper he is considered one of the best players ever. Many of his saves have gone down in Italian soccer history, making him a perennial fan favorite.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.