New York City has its share of billionaire residents, but who are the 5 most famous New York billionaires? New York is more than a city with millionaire and billionaire residents; the World Financial Center is also seated in the borough of Manhattan. See the list below for the most famous New York billionaires.
- Michael Bloomberg. Sometimes called " Mayor Mike, " Michael Bloomberg is the eighth richest American citizen; with a net worth of $20,000,000,000. Mr. Bloomberg began creating wealth as a trader with Solomon Brothers in the 1970s, he quit after he made $10,000,000 in stock with a merger. Michael Bloomberg has given away more than $500,000,000 over the last five years.
- David Koch. Mr. Koch of Koch Industries has a net worth of $19,000,000,000. His late father invented a method of turning oil into gasoline. Koch Industries employs 80,000 people in 60 countries and has stake in refineries, consumer products, fertilizer and polymers to name a few.
- Carl Icahn. In spite of his company Icahn Enterprises' share holdings going down 60% in recent years, Mr. Icahn's net worth still soars at $12,000,000,000. He started his career on Wall Street working in securities, and made large sums of money in 1980s buyouts.
- Ronald Perelman. After leaving his father's buyout business in 1978, Ronald bought close to a $2,000,000 stake in jewelry distribution. Today he owns large stakes in AM General; maker of the military Humvee, and the lottery outfit Scientific Games. He was also business partners with former president Gerald Ford; having sold Golden State Bancorp to Citigroup for $6,000,000,000 in 2002. Perelman's net worth is $11.5,000,000,000.
- Leonard Blavatnik. He arrived in the US from Russia penniless in 1978 at 21 years old, his net worth is now $11,000,000,000. Leonard is a graduate of Harvard, and Columbia University. He is in the oil business, having merged Tyumen Oil and British Petroleum in Russia to become Russia's second largest oil company.
- The combined wealth of these five New York billionaires is $72.5,000,000,000
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?